Home        About        Contact

April 26, 2013

what the birds sing to me || a guest post by Jemimah

DSC_7722

DSC_7727

DSC_7729

As of late, I have been learning to open my eyes to see the little things in the ordinary corners of life, and plucking on my heartstrings to a tune of appreciation for them. Sometimes, we have this huge tendency to aim our focal points on the big things that we become partially blind to the little ones—daily spectacles, experiences that happen all the time, things which we would hardly even consider as special. But as of late, I'm leaning toward discovering those small treasures. Such as the birds.

Tiny, winged creatures we know by heart and sight, perching on trees by our windowsills. We always hear them everyday, from morn till night, singing their shrill serenades and mellow symphonies. But it's only now that I actually stay and care to listen to them or watch them fly. Because, like many creations in this world which were and are made to remind us of something, the birds are my reminder to be brave.

Graduating from high school a month ago made me realize that, hey, life moves a lot faster than we think and quicker than we want it to go by. During times as these, it's easy to fall into worrying over the future, thinking of all the choices you have to make, of colleges, careers, what to do after you reach the end of a dream, leaving behind familiarity and facing changes once again. The world looks bigger and the future very uncertain. Maybe these thoughts reflect yours as well. Maybe, even with the small whisper of excitement, you feel like you're falling, because rather than being sure where to go, you're unsure of what to do.

But... || "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" Matthew 6:26 || This is what I am reminded of whenever I hear and see the birds. They are smaller, but that doesn't mean they are inferior and cared for less. They are a reminder that we have nothing to fear, not if we put our faith and trust in Someone who both knows and holds our future. Be brave. Don't be afraid to spring away from your "nest," don't be afraid to spread your wings and explore the vast world (and make a difference in it at the same time).



Hullo, I'm Jemimah, an intricate lassie with a passion for life and an aspiration to live intentionally and intrepidly. Just a girl with hands that are too often stained with ink, a nose nestled between the pages of a book, mouth on a cup of tea, and eyes that reflect on scenic views. Adventures excite me, stories inspire me, Yahweh makes my life beautiful. Come by and visit my online hearth Exploring Intrepidity, why dontcha?

2 comments:

  1. I love this post so much. Congratulations on graduating from high school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name's Jameila, hey! Jemimah is such a lovely name. :)

    etherealxvisions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

"The words of the reckless pierce like swords, but the tongue of the wise brings healing." ~ Proverbs 12:18